Work In Progress Wednesday 6

It's WIPW 6 but it's only Wednesday 2 for me. I missed last week's WIPW because I had to stop knitting and typing the last few days to give my hands a little rest. Nothing serious just repetitive stress. So here is my work in progress this week. This is a long overdue bolero for my friend's daughter, it's the "Little Flirt" by Sublime. It's a really quick knit for quick knitters. But a slow knitter that I am, and the 10 day break that I took, I've only come so far since I cast on 2 weeks ago. That's the back and the left front done and the right front is on the needle. The edges are rolled up so the shaping for the sleeves and neck are not visible. Still have a border to add all around, then done. Hoping to finish tonight if DH and DS are kept busy.

My scarf is coming along fine too. I took some not so great pictures of it again and decided not to upload them. I will upload pictures of the final blocked version. In any case it's just longer that it was in the previous post, approximately double in size. I wonder how much it will expand on blocking? I'm proud to say barring a few problems that I had in the first few rows of the scarf I haven't had any trouble since! Not bad eh for a first time lace knitter! Bows to the applause! 


Summer's gone and the autumn winds have started to blow. And my son doesn't have a single mommy knit that fits! So working on designing a sweater for him, with a choo choo motif and most likely a textured stitch. Here's the yarn I'm going to use. I really liked how these colors look in linen stitch (the swatch in progress in the picture). But I won't have enough of the maroon and green to go around and I don't want to buy any more. So decided against it. The yarn by the way is Solstice from Classic Elite.

Comments

  1. LOVE the fall colors you've chosen. They work perfect! I can't wait to see them knitted into a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to see the finished bolera, it's going to be very cute.

    Fall, really? It's going to 105F here for me today. I so miss fall.

    Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh bolero almost done!! Did you say you were gonna make a pullover for DS? Waiting to see the choo-choo on it :-)
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Denise 105! Hang in there. I'm sure it'll get better. I miss summer (but 85 is more like the temp I like), it was a really short one here.

    @k Yeah there seems to be a mistake in the instructions (or so I think) for the border in the front. Checking it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

WIPWeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The Brindavan Experience