I'm back for Work In Progress Week 11.

Not that I was out of town or anything. I was just away from my blog for quite some time now - 3 weeks since my last post. I did have a few things to blog about but let's just say I did not feel like it. What did I do then? I organized a birthday party for my DS he turned two recently. Here's the cake I'd ordered. Isn't it beautiful. I was heart broken cutting it.




I'm almost done with the choo choo sweater. Just have to seam and weave in the millions of ends. That's been the case for the whole of last week. I finally started on finishing it today. Lazy lazy. Well not really. The last couple of days were spent on this really nice book that Tami suggested - The Hunger Games. Tami, I love it! I finished it in 2 days. I meant to buy it but then I found it at the local library so I grabbed it. I might have to buy the second book in the series - Catching Fire because I'm in a long line to borrow it at the library and I can't wait. I hope it's as good as the first.
Back to the Choo choo sweater. I'm not entirely pleased with my choo choo motif. I'm not sure you can tell, but the motif has created a few tiny holes and weird looking stitches in a few places that I might have to fix with duplicate stitch and I should have used intarsia for the wheels and then used duplicate stitches for the black centers of the wheels. Now I have so many loose ends I've to weave in near the motif I'm wondering how it's going to feel. And that explains the delay in weaving them in. And the back of the work is a fine mess. But I guess I HAVE learnt something from this, so it's ok. I really need to plan what techniques I'm going to use for each part of a motif beforehand.





And I bought a few knitting books at the Knit Picks sale. Woo hoo! I've never bought knitting books, well that's because my local library is so well equipped. So this is my first knitting book purchase. And here's what I bought. All this for around 60 bucks. Not bad huh? And my favorite of them all is the Kristin Knits. There's an explosion of color in there. I'm so inspired to color knit now. Her color combinations are so vibrant and beautiful.




Ok that's all for today. Don't forget to check out the WIPs of others that are part of the work in progress meme that Tami hosts.

Comments

  1. Love the cake. I wouldn't want to cut it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cake and LOOVVEE the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worth the wait! Choo choo motif looks adorable!!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knitpicks book sales. Mainly because I really love knitting books! Your choo choo sweater is just so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake and the sweater are adorable!
    My son is 14 now, and we just finished reading The Hunger Games trilogy together. We both enjoyed it.
    Ooh I see Elizabeth Zimmermann books in your pile too, I wonder if it's too late too pick some up. I'm off to check. Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all of you.

    @Denise, the worst part was when I decapitated the lion cos one lil fella came along and said he wanted a piece of the head and the body of the lion.

    @Affiknitty That must be fun, reading the same books as your son! My mom would read the books I read when I was in my teens too.
    I do that with my 2 yr old too - "the very hungry caterpillar", "brown bear", etc. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

The Brindavan Experience

Choo choo tain