Work In Progress Wednesday 7

Here is a link to the host of the Work In Progress Wednesday Meme. And here's this wednesday's WIP. I know I've been posting the same bolero and scarf, but I AM a slow knitter. I do have two other swatches on needles, one for Bubba's (DS) sweater and one for a KAL I'm on. But each of them just has a couple of rows on them so a picture will hardly show anything. So I'm saving those for next week.

Here's the bolero. My excuses for the slowness -

  1. This is the first time I'm doing short rows, so I had to look at multiple videos online to learn it. It's such a cool technique. I had to use it for the high neck of the bolero. 
  2. I misinterpreted the pattern at one place and a fellow raveller had to come to the rescue. 
  3. My family thinks knitting is my hobby and should be done only in my free time! And they think doing the dishes, vacuuming and other such odd household chores and spending time with the hubby and kid etc should take a higher priority. In my opinion those are my hobbies (don't tell them I said that).
  4. My hand hurts when I knit this - maybe the needle or the fact that I'm knitting the curved border on straight needles.
And here's the scarf. I don't think I've touched it the whole of last week. But I got a good picture now.



Comments

  1. I just love the color of both projects! The scarf is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects looking super cute!! Monu is gonna love the bolero!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of them. Scarf looks very luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! What size is that bolero? It's hard to tell from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tami thanks!

    @k I'm glad you think that way. I'm sort of nervous how it'll fit. Let's see.

    @Bhavna thanks. when I bought the yarn I thot it looked luxurious too. Then once I started knitting it looks really bad close up, maybe the picture is deceptive. I'm hoping the blocking will fix how it looks.

    @SweetPotato I like that name :). It's the second size in the pattern, supposed to fit chest size 24", the lil girl I'm knitting for is 7yrs old. My gauge is a little off so it might end up an inch or so bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your making good progress on the bolero. Pretty soon it will be an FO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects look great! I see you're in the Bay Area - I am too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Denise I'm hoping it will be done soon. I just have to seam it now. But the sleeves look very unfinished so might have to do something about that as well.

    @Gabriela Thanks. Bay area? That's wonderful, will PM you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. both projects are beautiful. Why is it that when we knit, people think we are overly obsessed, yet football, nascar, fishing, etc ad nauseum are NOT??? Not that I am bitter or anything!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dina, thank you! So true. I don't understand the obsession with NFL, NBA either. How can some one be obsessed by just "watching" where as we make and create stuff :-). But I still love NFL season myself, it means I can knit while "enjoying" the game ;-)! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

The Brindavan Experience

Choo choo tain