Choo choo tain

This morning's conversation with the lil dude. He turns two next month.

Lil Dude: Sounds yike a choo choo (when he "heard" the light rail hooting in the distance. He could not see it)
Me: Where is the choo choo?
Lil Dude: It's eside a tunna (It's inside a tunnel)
Me: Oh. Where is the tunnel?
Lil Dude: It's behine a tee (It's behind a tree)
Me: Where is the tree then?
Lil Dude: Okay

It's that time of the week again and I finally have something new to show. I've started the "Choo choo tain (train) sweater" that I've been wanting to make for him. Here's how far I've gotten. The second picture is of the motif and the different colors that will be going into this sweater. Most of the colors are for the train. I hadn't realized how slow color knitting can be, especially when you haven't practiced enough. But it is fun all the same.


Choo choo tain sweater


The choo choo train motif

I also managed to finish the bolero last week. And I'm glad to say the receiver seemed to have liked it even though her current color of choice is purple. Pink was last year's color of choice when her mom gave me the yarn. (Hey, I'm a busy person!) I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out too! Initially I was skeptical about the sleeves, they seemed a little unfinished. But they look good when worn. Here are pictures. I did not ask the model's mom's permission so I've cropped the pictures to not show her pretty face :-(.

Little Flirt by Sublime - Front


Little Flirt by Sublime - Back


Little Flirt by Sublime - Front
Notes:
1. There are two "Little Flirt" patterns that Sublime published, both similar except that one has shorter sleeves (this one) and the other has full sleeves. The one with the short sleeves is free where as for the other you need to get the publication, I think it was a pamphlet. 
2. I suggest circular needles to pick up the front borders. I used straight needles and it was a little hard knitting the curves. 
3. Finished chest size is 26", 2" more than the pattern expects. But I expected (and intended) this since my gauge was off a little bit. The model (who is also the recipient) is 7 yrs old.

My scarf has been neglected for a while, since the Lil Dude's birthday is next week, so it still is a WIP. And there's a KAL that ends tomorrow, that I've not even cast on for. It's only a square that I've to knit, so I'll make it.

Don't forget to check out Tami's blog to see other WIPs this week.

Comments

  1. Love how that turned out! The sleeves are perfect!

    I can't wait to see the train sweater. It's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, the bolero turned out great!! So cute.

    Can't wait to see the train finished. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! The train sweater is going to be awesome!

    The bolero is really cute too! Good suggestion to use the circular needles when picking up on curves - I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choo choo train has left the station! Can't wait to see it done!
    I showed Monu this post and she asks "Am I going to be famous now?" :-))
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bolero is very sweet. I bet the recipient will wear it often & with pride!

    The train sweater will be worth the time -- he'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bolero is adorable. I can't wait to see more of the train sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies! I'm making slow but steady progress on the train.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The choo choo train will look great I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

The Brindavan Experience