WIPWeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ok, this is my first Work-in-progress Wednesday (WIPW) a meme started by Tami, check out her blog for others' WIPs. I think it's a wonderful idea!


So here's my current WIP. It's a lace scarf, my first lace project, my first scarf and my first lace scarf! I ripped the first few rows a couple of times before I got it right. So I've started taking all the necessary precautions - using lifelines (the green threads in the picture), stitch markers, a row counter, I count stitches after every row etc. It's very gratifying to see the travelling fern grow. I wonder if I'm knitting too tight, the cast on edge is curled up a little. I'm hoping blocking will fix that.

It's interesting how the pics have turned out. I usually take pictures in natural light (the purpler one) and the picture is not true to the color at all, but the pattern is more visible here. The one taken with the automatic flash (the maroon-er one) is a truer image but still not quite there, and the flash ruins the intricacy of the pattern. I need photography lessons.


Ok notes:
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow, Color - Sunset heather
Needle: Size 4 bamboos - I had a really hard time with lace yarn on my metal needles.


Comments

  1. Wow, I'm impressed if that's your first one! It looks great so far. I can't wait to see it finished! Thanks for joining WIPW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! You've made a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you lived closer, I'd give you some quinces, but I'm not interested in figuring out the laws involved in shipping fruit across the country. I hope you find a local source soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Vinita,
    I would never have guessed this is your first lace project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been really gud in blogging and knitting
    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

Choo choo tain