WIP Wednesday # 23

I almost did not realize today was a Wednesday. I thought today was a Tuesday for some reason. Where did my Tuesday go or was it Monday that I missed? Hmm, anyway. Here are my WIPs for this week. I'm hoping to be done with the Kaftan tomorrow, sleeves to be added. I'm sort of getting bored of knitting kid stuff now. Or it might be because I'm knitting this Kaftan with acrylic yarn. Nooooo I'm turning into a yarn snob! I thought that day will never come.

Kaftan before the sleeves

I have this tweedy yarn from Tahki and decided to make a scarf out of it. I picked the Daisy Stitch from this book. This picture is just of a swatch. I'm still trying out different spacings between the daisies.

Daisy Stitch scarfThe Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques


Here's the picture of the Long Jacket. Not much progress as you can see. I'm not liking this acrylic yarn that my mom had bought for me a long time ago. I have so much of it, I HAVE to make something large. 

Long Jacket beginnings


And yeah finally the promised modeled scarf. Pretty right? Yeah the scarf too! I finished this such a long time ago, and I've worn it out so often it's already time to wash it and block it again. Sigh! Really high maintenance. But I guess it is worth it for how it looks.

Finished Scarf3

Finished scarf 4


Be sure to check out the other wonderful WIPs on Tami's blog. Click below.


Comments

  1. Your scarf is lovely. You have quite a variety of projects going. Sometimes I get sick of projects not because of the yarn I'm using, I just get tired of working on them. Maybe that's what's going on for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a bit of yarn snobbery! But the colors of the yarn you are using are still pretty. : ) That Color Knitting book is wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work-- that scarf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the scarf is beautiful. I hear you on the yarn. I have a ton of acrylic worsted that I so don't care about anymore. I just want to use my nice LYS yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely scarf! It's funny how I've knitted so many sweaters, but it's the scarves that get worn the most. I really like the daisy stitch that you are swatching. Hopefully it will work out into a new scarf for you. I am admittedly a yarnsnob myself. There is nothing more tedious than knitting a project with yarn you don't care for. But I do think acrylic blends are great for kid's knits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for complimenting me on my scarf.

    @Denise That could be it too. But I find myself avoiding the long jacket quite a bit and I think it's the feel of the yarn on my hands combined with the length of the needles (too short). I should try at least using better needles.

    @Affiknitty I love that book. I find myself reading and re-reading bits of it all the time.

    @Aimee thank you.

    @Tami Me too, but I want to finish that yarn off so I don't have it around any more. It's more than 2 yrs old and it's taking too much space.

    @autumngeisha Oh really? I've never knit a sweater for myself, in fact I've never knit anything for myself except this scarf (I'm still a young knitter in terms of number of projects), so yeah until now the scarf does get worn a lot. And yeah acrylic blends are great especially for non knitter mommies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

WIPWeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The Brindavan Experience