Stripy


Here are pictures of my recently finished raglan sweater. I love the pattern. It's very easy and goes really fast and I started this on my trip to India with yarn from India. I think the number of buttons on this makes it look cute. But from my experience I realize now that the fewer the buttons on baby clothes the easier it is to dress them. I made it for my friend's little one. I hope he's not as wriggly as my son used to be when putting on his clothes.

Ok pattern notes
Yarn : Acrylic yarn from one of those little yarn stores off of Commercial St, Bangalore
Needles : Size 4 circular, dpns for sleeves, straight needles for the button plackets.
Size made: 3-6 months
Difficulty: easy

Modifications from original pattern:
  • Changed the ribbing, button and button hole plackets to k1, p1 because with the black yarn the original pattern did not look good.
  • I picked up the exact number of stitches the pattern called for, for the plackets and that ended up causing a small ruffle on the button hole placket. I suggest using smaller needles or picking up fewer stitches.
  • The sweater seemed short so I knit 1.5 inches more than the pattern called for.
  • Another modification I suggest is to reduce the number of buttons.
Overall a wonderful pattern and I'm already working on one more sweater of the next size with this pattern.


Comments

  1. Very beautiful & looks very warm & coyish..... Loved the buttons for sure & the colors.... :)

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kanema! We just skip the alternate buttons while dressing the baby :-)
    -K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

The Brindavan Experience

Choo choo tain