Coffee (Fair Isle Baby Hat)

Made this little hat for my little one who loved it the first day. He wore it and wanted to check himself out in the mirror a million times. I was so elated then because he usually hates hats, but now that I think about it I realize it was all part of his usual bed time dawdling. He refuses to wear it now. In any case it was a fun and an especially quick knit. Come fall and winter, I hope to get the dude to wear it.

Pattern details:
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Solids colors Buff and Cafe.
Needles: US 8, 16"circular, and set of 5 DPNs

Pattern:
Measured the little dude's head circumference with some difficulty and cast on based on that. For my gauge it came to 70 sts, and came up with the fair isle pattern as I went. It is a repetition of 7 stitches. Worked even for around 4.5 inches. Placed markers every 10 stitches and decreased a stitch before the marker every row and then bound off and added a pom pom.

Notes:
Since I was knitting in the round, there was a jog at the join/seam. I fixed it with duplicate stitch, but because it is a fair isle pattern, the join does not look perfect. I suppose I need to check out more on Fair isle and knitting in the round to see how this can be fixed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

The Brindavan Experience

Choo choo tain