Starting scrapbooking

I had earlier believed scrapbooks are made out of scrap - old, usually discarded fragments of waste in the house - ribbons, buttons, old calendars, posters, etc. In fact I'm sure that must be the origin of the term scrapbook. But have you seen the "scrap" available in craft stores. Whew! Anyhoo, I've decided that I'll have a scrapbook ready by the time my lil one turns one - I have barely 2 months to go.  
I technically started the project a long long time ago in a world far far away when I still hadn't had my lil one. I bought a 12X12 scrapbooking album, and lots of supplies from wal-mart and michaels. Read up tonnes of resources on the internet and funnily after he was born I hardly had anytime for it. Now the lil fella is off at the day care (the poor thing) and I have a couple of days before I return to work, so all the supplies that were gathering dust in a dark corner of the store room are finally out and I'm beginning the first page of my scrapbook.

Here's what I have for the first page
  • 1 photograph of a pregnant me and DH
  • 1 photograph of the newborn
  • 12X12 cardstock and lot of other scrapbooking supplies with no idea how I'm going to use them
  • Absolutely no creative writing skills for the journal
  • Absolutely no designing skills for the scrapbook
Oh did I mention I have never seen a real scrapbook - just some pictures of some on the internet. Here I go, will upload pictures of the scrapbook as I go. Ideas, suggestions are welcome.

Ok, here is the finished first page. 


I double matted both the pics. Typed out my journaling on the computer and printed it out a photo paper and trimmed it to size. Used button shaped brads to afix some of the other journaling. I used opaque markers (markers that can write on dark colored paper as well) to journal the rest of the stuff. The left hand bottom corner looked empty so used the opaque markers to draw the flowers/asterisks.

Comments

  1. Both of you look so traditional and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chennagide!
    -cashew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Suma and Kusuma!

    Suma, That pic is from my baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I have another idea. Finger and foot print. My friend who graduated with me got a scrapbook from her mom. It had her baby pics, fingerprints, her 1st date and wedding. It was really awesome. I want to do something like this when I have a baby :)
    Suma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felt nice to come across your blog. Good going ...

    Deepak M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deepak? Deepak Mhaiskar? Hi there! How're you doing? What a nice surprise! How did you find me (not that I was trying to hide)? Email kar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

The Brindavan Experience

Choo choo tain