Hand made beaded stitch markers

I went to the local craft supplies shop and was casually browsing the bead aisles. Well, I always wanted to take up beading as another hobby (in addition to spinning, dyeing and weaving), but I'm not a big jewelry wearer. So it was easy for me not to indulge. But I always browsed the beading aisles out of curiosity and the last time I saw these things called toggle clasps. And it occurred to me that these would make great snag free stitch markers. And that's when I caved in, and bought all the tools needed. Different kinds of pliers, head pins, wires, beads and toggle clasps. And here's the outcome.
My first stitch markers by vin E

My first stitch markers
And while I was looking online for tips on using the various tools I came across this tutorial on making stitch markers. It's a nice step by step tutorial with great pictures. What d'ya know, my idea was not so original after all. Well the square stitch markers probably are.
The stitch markers are lightweight and snag free. The square ones can fit up to US size 11 needles and the round ones can fit up to size 13 needles. Now to find a project to use them on. Or someone to gift them to :-).
I also saw these other things called silicone rings - these, which would make great stitch markers just by themselves or with some beads hanging from them. That would be my next beading project.


Comments

  1. Super cute! Here's to more creativity from you!! Browsing the bead isle is a lot of fun! We made a hair ornament for Monu, those long strand of beads that you can clip on.
    -K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An art and craft super store in Bangalore

Choo choo tain

The Brindavan Experience